Any case related to irregular breathing pattern or improper heart rhythm leads to atrial fibrillation. Initially, it is really difficult to judge as it develops over a period of time. There are cases in medical records suggesting that this problem is diagnosed only when it moves to later stages. This problem has a little or no symptoms and makes it a really dangerous disease. At the start, the patient suffers from problems of abnormal breathing for very brief period and most of them tend to avoid it. When the episodes start increasing and people suffer from shortness of breath, it is advised to visit a good cardiologist.
Understanding Atrial Fibrillation
- The best way to keep a track is to check on the heart rate. It you face any kind of shortness in breath or there are uneven heart palpitations then visit a good cardiologist.
- There are occasional chest pains during this problem that are accompanied with reduced compressions. This can lead to ischemia and cause heart stroke. Get a proper ECG done and go through routine examinations to get rid of these chest pains.
- Most of the patients tend to be lazy and they take steps in the later stages. In cases related to heart or brain, it is important to make sure that you take quick action without risking your life. Stop being careless and get a checkup done even if the problem lasts for brief periods.
- Rapid heart rate has been found common in some of the patients. Chest discomfort and unusual heart beats lead to uncoordinated heart compressions. This can be asymptomatic and reduce the cardiac output.
Atrial Fibrillation occurs in people suffering from various cardiovascular factors like mitral stenosis, high blood pressure, atrial enlargement or coronary artery disease. Genetic disorders are also known to be a big factor that leads to arrhythmic syndromes.
The best treatment for Atrial Fibrillation
The primary motive of a doctor is to prevent heart stroke and get rid of circulatory instability. Cardioversion and anticoagulation are two of the best techniques that help in healing the patient.
Anticoagulation:As per this technique,the doctors check the CHA2DS2-VASc score to treat the patient. This can be a great option to reduce the chances of a heart stroke and improve the blood flow in the valves. This technique is recommended only when the CHA2DS2-VASc score is more than 2.
Cardioversion: In cardioversion, doctors use chemical means or electrical impulses to treat the abnormal heartbeat of the patient. Sometimes the heart is observed to be in a stunned state after cardioversion gets completed. However, this is a normal procedure that ensures restoration of atrial contraction.
- Chemical means include intake of drugs like procainamide, flecainide, amiodaron, ibutilide, dronedarone and propafenone. These drugs have been found to be highly successful in healing patients who suffer from irregular heartbeats.
- The doctors apply DC electrical shock to restore the heart rhythm of the patient.
The treatment for Atrial Fibrillation had been first discovered in the late 1870s. Alfred Vulpian measured the electrical activity in the heart and named it “fremissement fibrillaire.” It is important to note that once there is dilation in the atria it starts a chain of events. There are many undetected episodes before the doctors actually classify the records and classify them. One should make sure that they go through the pathological process and take steps as advised by the doctor.